Welcome to my newsletter I have been reading romance for over 25 years. I read just about everything from contemporary to historical to paranormal. I check out author’s website and surf the net to find out what is coming out. I value any input you have about what you would like to see, either in this newsletter or the store.
What I have been reading:
- Barefoot Season by Susan Mallery – a great contemporary story. It is more of a tale of two friends who split & are now coming back together. Michelle is returning home after being injured in the military. She returns to Blackberry Island Inn that her former friend has been running in her absence. They are forced to work together.
- Redwood Bend & Sunrise Point by Robyn Carr – part of her fabulous Virgin River series. The series is set in a small fictional town of Virgin River in the mountains of California. Each book is a visit with old friends.
- Untouched by Sara Humphreys – the 2nd book in her Amoveo Legend paranormal series. I haven’t read the 1st book, Unleashed, but I will be adding it to my To Be Read pile. The hero is a shape shifter and the heroine is his fated lover.
- On Lavender Lane by JoAnn Ross – part of her great Shelter Bay series. The hero is a former SEAL & the heroine is a celebrity chef who is returning home after her husband becomes infamous in an internet sex scandal.
- Quicksilver by Amanda Quick (AKA Jayne Ann Krentz & Jayne Castle) – part of her historical Arcane Society series. The hero & heroine both have different psychic abilities.
- Retribution by Sherrilyn Kenyon – part of her fabulous Dark Hunter series. Love this paranormal series. Night Pleasures is the first in the series.
I also listen to books on audio because I have such a large TBR (To Be Read) pile – in fact it’s a bookcase. In fact I am developing a TBLT (To Be Listened To) pileJ
- Sleepwalker by Karen Robards – The heroine is house sitting for her “uncle”. She is a cop & turns it out the uncle is a bad dude. She interrupts a thief breaking in and has to go on the run with him.
- Love in a Nutshell by Janet Evanovich & Dorien Kelly – this is not part of her Stephanie Plum series. It was funny, but not as funny as the Plum series.
- Seduce Me in Dreams by Jacquelyn Frank – this is the 1st in her Three Worlds paranormal series. Set in another world, the hero is part of the military militia and the heroine is a Chosen One with mysterious powers.
- From New York to Dallas by JD Robb (AKA Nora Roberts) – this is part of her fabulous In Death series. Naked in Death is the 1st in the series. It takes place about 50 years in the future. The heroine in Eve Dallas a NYC police detective. The hero is a mysterious Irish billionaire named Roarke. They meet in the first book (he is a suspect in a murder investigation) & fall in love. Each book is a great murder mystery & you see how Dallas & Roarke’s relationship develops. LOVE this seriesJ
- Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh – I had read this book & LOVED it, so I decided to listen to it. This is the 1st book in her FABULOUS Psy-Changeling series. It takes place about 100 years in the future & earth’s population has broken down to humans, shape shifters & psychics. The psychics have suppressed their emotions & embraced “Silence”. The hero is a shape shifter & the heroine is a psy, who is freaking out because she feels emotion. Love this series!
- Its All Greek to Me by Katie MacAlister – a very funny contemporary romance. I really enjoyed it.
- Wicked Intentions by Elizabeth Hoyt – the 1st in her historical Maiden Lane series. It’s not your typical historical romance & that’s what I love about it. The heroine runs a foundling home & the hero is an aristocrat who hires her to help him search for a killer.
- Nice Girls Don’t Have Fangs by Molly Harper – the 1st in her Jane Jameson. VERY FUNNY! The heroine loses her job as a librarian & drowns her sorrows at a local bar. On the way home her car breaks down. She is then mistaken for a deer by a drunk hunter & shot & left for dead. Along comes a gorgeous vampire who “saves” her life & makes her a vampire. I have already downloaded the next 3 books in the series.
- How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper – a very funny book. The heroine is escaping her life in the south & moves to Alaska. The hero is a werewolf.
- Breaking the Rules by Suzanne Brockmann – part of her absolutely wonderful Navy SEALS / Troubleshooters series. Unsung Hero is the first in the series.